Saturday, July 7, 2007

Cabin Fever in July


Argh. The weather is so horrendous lately. Look to the picture above, this is what I'm seeing out my window. You can't even see what's on the other side of the park.

That haze is not fog. It's smog, coating my lungs every time I take a breath. Combine this with 90+ degree heat, its hard to go anywhere. The whole thing is driving me nuts.

Spent most of the day reading. Frustrated with my limited knowledge of finance, I have started to tear through John's bookshelf of business books. Just read a tell-all on Wall Street's dotcom all stars. In the middle of a book on a the history of the hedge fund Long Term Capital Management. It's crazy to read about so much money getting made and lost-- and having had no clue who these people are or that these things happened. It is nice, however, to have a library of English books at my disposal. I'm pretty sick of reading the books that I brought with me from home.

All I want to do is go for a nice, long run. But its a terrible thing to do to my body. Last Thursday night, played full court basketball with the crew from DLA Piper-- and spent all of Friday wheezing and coughing. Why am I living here again?

1 comment:

Bob Welsh said...

The weather outside is really yucky - downright unhealthy. So, I think I'll self-educate myself on modern finance.
Leigh, you are absolutely unbelievable. I am so proud of you.